Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Five Favorites {2}

Linking up with Hallie today for my Five Favorites. For some reason, on Wednesdays, it is hard for me to think of five things I love. Maybe it's because it is the middle of the week or something, and maybe that is why it is so important for me to keep doing this. We have to always remember to see the good in things, in life, and focus on those things rather than the inevitable crap that happens, too.

So here goes nothin'!

1.
I just started reading the book How to Win Friends and Influence People. If you don't know (cause I didn't) it is basically the first self-help book of its kind and maybe the first of any kind. The title might sound a bit manipulative, but the book is basically just a reminder of how to be your best self. For instance, one of the points on how to win friends is to smile. Is that sneaky? Not at all! And we should all smile a bit more! I can't wait to use this in teaching. 



2.
Our office upgrade turned out pretty well. You can check out what our office used to look like here. We switched rooms (now that room is the nursery) and painted the other room a nice blue grey. I love Danny's guitars on the wall and I love that he will be able to and want to use the space. With the other room, he didn't enjoy being in there so he often used the dining room. This meant that our dining room table was more a desk than a place to dine. 


3. 
These books. This is my new curriculum. Not included in the photo are Plato and Aristotle. There's going to be lots of reading and reflecting going on this year. 


4.
Generous people. A friend at work saw that we are cloth diapering. She happens to have really sensitive skin so she uses this detergent called Rockin Green. It is the perfect detergent for our water type and for babies...and it is also more expensive. She just decided to give me some because she has so much of it! 


5. 
This creative genius. The other day I was meeting a friend for coffee (this would be my number 6), and in the parking lot someone left this truck, covered in chalk paint, with a big pile of chalk. It was fun to see how excited people got to write on the chalk. Lots of happy people equals a happy me! :)


Thanks for reading friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment