Tuesday, July 30, 2013

School's in Session

I can't believe it, but  the time for alarm clocks and morning tutoring times with students has returned! 
School is back in session.
It is pretty different going back this year. First off, I am obviously pregnant, so that changes things in that I will be leaving for all of second quarter (wahoo!) and then returning to teach with a little one at home (boo!). But also, I am waaaay more prepared for this year. So this is what it feels like to be a fourth year teacher...how glorious!  Not to mention, I am teaching an entirely new subject this year: ancient history and philosophy. I am super excited. It is going to be a new challenge for me and should re-enliven my love of learning and teaching. Teaching 9th grade for three years in a row was just getting a little dry, which is not to say that teaching 9th grade is dry. Those kids are funny. The even funnier ones are the 7th graders. They are just still so awkward. Goodbye, summer sweetness and hello, fall (even though it is July and still 110 degrees outside!). I do have to admit, one of the pluses of fall rolling around is Labor Day, a weekend which Danny and I love, and then with Labor Day, Trader Joe's return to fall yumminess (like their pumpkin bread mix). I think I can handle this after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment