Monday, September 15, 2014

For Old Times Sake

Gosh...where has time gone. It is the middle of September and my sweet baby girl is going to be turning 1 in two weeks. And that's all I can think: "Where has time gone."

Last week my wonderful husband and I were able to go on a nice long date. Our great friend Faith, fondly known as Mary Poppins in our house...because she's the best, watched Annabelle and we didn't feel the need to eat dinner and rush home to get her. So we didn't. We went out to dinner and then to a great little wine bar. Anyway...over dinner we got to talking about how our life has changed so drastically in the last 8 months. For those of you who read this blog before it dropped off the face of the earth, you know that I started my own business with Arbonne about 9 months ago. And that was the start of the change...

Now we are out of debt (woohoo!), I am home full time, Danny has a new job which is totally in line with his goals and vision for his career, Annabelle is the sweetest little baby (toddler?) in the world...not that she wasn't sweet before...but man was she colicky! Anyway...things have just changed.

Of course there is one person to thank for all of these positive changes, and that is the Lord, but after the Lord, I realize Danny and I also have to thank ourselves.

You know, starting my business with Arbonne was risky, and it had every.single.possibility of being a humiliating failure, but I wasn't going to let it be. It is an opportunity. And like all of opportunities, you can take it or leave it. I decided to take it and I am going to keep taking it. I am at a new crossroads in my business, one that I have spent the last two weeks really mulling over. Some of you may know that I recently promoted to Area Manager (the 2nd of only 4 promotions). This was my goal, my short term vision. This is why I started and stayed committed to Arbonne. As an Area Manager, I would more than replace my salary. And the Lord is so good...I replaced my salary literally the month my job ended. Um hello! Divine Providence, much? Anyway...back to the point. But now I have to rethink my vision. When I started, I wanted to 1) replace my salary so that I could stay home full time with Annabelle and 2) get out of student and car debt. The moment I promoted to Area, those two things became a reality. And getting out of debt replaces my income as a teacher...so I could theoretically stop working my business. But I am not. Why? Why am I going to continue to work my business? Because this opportunity is life changing. It changed my life. And I am not saying that to be cheesy. It is just the truth. I honestly feel like it is my calling to share this opportunity with as many people as I can because if it can change my life, it can change someone else's life too.

I am so incredibly thankful that I married such a wonderful man. Not only does he have a deep and abiding love for the Lord, he has so much love and belief in me. So while I started my Arbonne business, Danny took it upon himself to learn taxes on the side. Gosh. Our lives were busy. So every weekend from January to April, Danny did taxes with a fellow CPA. What a man.

But here we are, September 15th. Our life is so full and so beautiful and we can enjoy it! Every moment is so sweet and I don't want to let another moment pass me by without recognizing how truly blessed we are.

Here's to the rest of 2014! Let's finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment