Friday, January 17, 2014

Two Weeks In...

So I am officially two weeks into work. And I am doing it. I am amazed with myself and with Danny. I couldn't do it all without a loving and supportive husband. It has been a crazy two weeks with not very much sleep and a lot of activity. Between going back to teaching and launching my Arbonne business, we have been going, going, going. Even though I am getting it all done (by the grace of God alone), I am still very much looking forward to the day when I don't have pack four bags (diaper, pump, lunch, briefcase, in case you were wondering!) just to head out the door. I am looking forward to mornings spent at home and afternoons at the park with some Arbonne in between. Speaking of Arbonne, I can't voice enough how much Arbonne has been a blessing to our family this year and I would love to share more about it with you if you are interested!

The best part about all of this is that Annabelle seems to be doing really well, which gives my mama heart SO much peace. I was so nervous about how she would do, but the fact that she is with family and cousins who love her and keep her very entertained makes for a happy baby! Other than hating the bottle (the girl loves her mama), she is flourishing!  She is growing so fast and doing so many new things each day. We, and by we I mean Danny, can now get her to laugh non-stop. It is pretty dang adorable!

Well two weeks in...who knows how many more to go! One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you are surviving and even doing well returning to work! I have a few helpful hints I thought I would pass along that made life so much easier when I returned to work after having Jack. :) 1 - Pack a diaper bag that will last 3, 4, or even 5 days. I used to stuff ours full of pacifiers/blankets/spare clothes and drop it off on Monday mornings with a big bag of diapers & wipes (& breastmilk, but not sure if you have enough stock built up) and that way by Thursday or Friday, when I was wiped out from a busy work week, I knew our caretaker already had what she needed and I didn't need to remember/prepare one more thing. 2 - Take leftovers for lunch at least 2 times a week! Not only is it totally rejuvenating to enjoy a hot meal during the workday (even if it's reheated in the microwave...at least it's healthy home-cooking!) it's also way easier to grab a tupperware container than make a sandwich, grab an apple/chips/granola bar, etc.

    ReplyDelete