Thursday, December 5, 2013

The World Promises You Comfort...

...but you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness. -Benedict XVI

Well, friends, its been awhile. The last few weeks of motherhood have been particularly difficult. I don't want to spend this writing space by complaining, but just to give you an idea, I got mastitis three times (twice in one week) and my sweet little angel of a baby just doesn't seem to sleep. I am pretty sure this is in response to the antibiotic I have been on.

Anyway, the whole week I have been reflecting on the above quote from Pope Emeritus Benedict the XVI. Motherhood is not comfortable. It stretches you to your furthest limits and then some. And it is hard. But that is okay. I was not made for comfort; I was made for greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment