Monday, July 15, 2013

One Year of Wedded Bliss {The Preparation}

I can't believe it has already been one year since my dad walked me down the isle to the man of my dreams. With each passing day, I fall more in love with Danny.  He is the perfect spouse for me: he keeps me sane, patient, and full of joy. We did a lot of preparation for the Sacrament, completing all the marriage classes in the Diocese of Phoenix. But the day of had a very different kind of preparation. I woke up pretty early and just had a low key morning at home. The bride (that would be me) and all of my bridesmaids would be getting ready at Michelle Bowling's home. When I walked into her house, I was greeted by this cute sign.


Then I headed upstairs to get ready with all the girls. It was a very relaxed time until the schedule started to get a little tight. Since we got married in Santa Cruz, we had to buffer in time for driving longer distances (the church was 30 minutes away from where we were) and we needed to take photos before heading to the church. 

Danny and his groomsmen got ready at the Hilton hotel in Scotts Valley and then made their way down to the church for their photos. We had the best photographer ever! She was so accommodating and drove all around Santa Cruz county to capture all of our memories. 







Jack taking it all in and waiting for his special duties as ring bearer! 

Danny's dad, John.

Danny and his mom

They have such a close relationship!

Shiyah, Lauryn, and Carrie looking beautiful



Got a little crazy: trying to get the garter on and finish my hair! 



Some sweet moments with my dad! 

Love that man! 

My lovely flower girls (missing Norah!)

My mama

Michelle, our wonderful hostess! 

I just had to get some photos of my beautiful bouquet!






The married brothers going through some rite of passage, perhaps?


 He is the perfect spouse for me: he keeps me sane, patient, and full of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment