Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Five Favorites {1}

Linking up today with Grace who is holding the place for Hallie!

Since I am pregnant, most of these are going to be related to food...or babies. Just a fair warning!

1. How cute are cloth diapers?! I am really a fan of just the solid colored pocket diapers by BumGenius, but I must admit, I wouldn't deny a few patterns in my baby's collection of diapers. :) When we setting up our crib last night, my husband even said, "These diapers are so cute!" Win!


2. String Cheese. Where would we be with out cheese? I mean really people! If it wasn't for string cheese these days, I would die. That might be an exaggeration, but not a big one. When I wake up starving in the middle of the night, string cheese is my go to snack.

3. This veggie sandwich. This is what my husband likes to call a healthy Big Mac. It is loaded with grilled eggplant, onion, zucchini, squash, and bell pepper and the bread as a goat cheese-basil-garlic spread (which I could eat by the spoonful) on one side and a balsamic vinaigrette on the other. The bread is some delicious ciabatta we also threw on the grill. SO GOOD! I am telling you. This sandwich is too good for words.


4. Nectarines from my beloved Trader Joe's. We probably live too close to TJ's. If it wasn't for our grocery budget, I would spend way too much money there. But these nectarines are worth the $5 you pay for the four pounds. When you buy the carton, they are pretty hard still, but I always leave about four out at a time (the AZ heat is sure to ripen things up!) and then keep the rest of the carton in the fridge. They are so sweet and juicy and delicious. Go to TJ's and buy some. You won't regret it!


5. Summer days. They are quickly coming to an end, folks. Tear. I will seriously miss these morning where I get to wake up with Danny, make him breakfast, do the morning readings with him, and have nice slow entry into the day. Pretty soon here (T-5 days), it will be back to the grind.


No comments:

Post a Comment