Tuesday, July 23, 2013

5 Things I Want to Do Before Her Big Arrival

1. Get as much husband time as possible.
  • I know having a baby is going to change our marriage (for the better!), but before that big change, I want to soak up as much one-on-one time with the man of my dreams. 
2. I want to rest.
  • This is extremely hard for me to do. I am a mover. Sometimes when I get nervous that I haven't felt kicks, I realize it is because I have been going.going.going. I need to take some time to just relax and sleep (while I can!) instead of doing a million home projects. 
3. I want to get a mani-pedi.
  • Of course I can paint my nails all on my own, but I would love the opportunity to get pampered once last time before I need to arrange a babysitter/schedule with husband. 
4. I would love to see a movie or a few.
  • Don't get me wrong. I know my life will go on after she is with us, but I want to be able to enjoy a few of the good movies that are out this summer in a big movie theater, eating popcorn, and being with Danny. 
5. I want to read a good book.
  • For the last 7 months, I have read A LOT. But it is all about birthing, sleeping habits, vaccines, baby, baby, baby. I would love to just read one more novel...and I am open to suggestions about what that novel should be. 
That's the end of the list for now...I don't want it to become too long for sake of numero dos, but I am interested in what other people wish they would have done/enjoyed as a mama waiting for the arrival of her little one. Let me hear it!

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't read Les Mis, I highly recommend it! One of the best stories I have ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list Katie! I got so sentimental for husband time the last few weeks leading up to Ted's birth. We went to one movie...only because nothing good was out at the time. :-) It was great having quality time where we weren't planning or decorating, but spending time and talking about what we were most excited about with baby. Also, treat yourself to Mani/Pedis, especially pedis! Near the end those foot massages are AMAZING!! Plus, you won't be able to reach your toes yourself anyway! Go to the place on Southern/Rural...they give GREAT massages!

    ReplyDelete